Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Our Adherent DBT Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a 7-week curriculum that prepares our clients with the skills they need to cope with their most challenging internal battles such as suicidal ideation, self harm behaviors, and eating disorders.
We offer an Adult track and an Adolescent track. All groups are Gender Affirming
Clients are generally referred to IOP by their doctor or therapist as a soft landing from a full or partial hospitalization or as a step up in care for worsening of self harming behaviors or impulses.
Recovery DBT's Adherent DBT IOP provides:
1. Individual one-one-one therapy with an intensively trained DBT therapist. Here you will create an individualized treatment plan. You will learn how to implement DBT skills daily to find relief from your emotions and substance use urges and analyze the patterns that lead up to the substance use in your life. Your therapist will help you create contingency management skills to increase your abilities, confidence, meet your needs without the use of drugs and alcohol, and find solutions in your life.
*For Eating Disorder treatment, you will receive a specialized DBT Treatment with an Intensively Trained DBT Therapist, in addition to being assigned an Eating Disorder expert each once a week (a total of two individual therapy sessions a week)*
2. Three days of DBT group therapy per week where you will learn DBT skills to regulate your emotions, your learn how to tolerate distressing emotions and reduce cravings and substance use urges, mindfulness, and interpersonal effectiveness skills
3. 24/7 Phone Coaching where you will be able to contact your individual DBT therapist in between sessions when you are experiencing distressing emotions, having high urges or cravings for substances. The therapist will guide you through your newly acquired DBT skills in the moment to help regulate your emotions and reduce harmful urges. This will help reinforce and integrate the skills you are learning in therapy and have support in between therapy sessions.
4. DBT Parent Group - you will learn essential DBT skills and strategies that will help you regulate your own emotions, become more present in your own life, and be more accepting of the parts of life that have become complicated and challenging.
5. In depth medication evaluations and augmentation with Recovery DBT psychiatrist
6. Following completion of our IOP, clients will earn a Recovery DBT Skills Certificate and the opportunity for membership in Club Recovery DBT.